Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Things didn't turn out...

...as planned. While I hid in FAO for crossbones he didn't show up as I expected with guns and bombs blazing. Turns out he showed up in pajamas (with cute little crossbones all over it) and was looking for a free stuffed mongoose. Surprisingly, he was also wearing his skull mask. And I thought I was the only dude with a skull mask who wore the damn thing all the time.

I used my image shifting device to dress up as a common-clerk and approached CB.

"Hello, sir, may I help you with anything?"

"Uh, stuff mongoose?"

"Sure, come on inside with me...." I said.

When Cross-B entered he started bawling like a little child.

"uh, what's wrong sir?"

"(Sniffle) I just want some toys, pa never gave me any toys...."

At this point I realized something. While I have no respect for GM and their crappy autos, the fulfillment of this task would lead to the destruction of FAO Schwartz. This would result in a lot of bratty, spoiled New York kids, with a high sense of entitlement, to not get what they want. This could snowball into many of them turning into my former pupil C-Bones, or even worse, lawyers and CEO's with insatiable hunger. Yes, I thought, NY needs their toys, even if they are high priced.

I realized my integrity might be higher than I ever thought. I was Taskmaster, but not just any slave who would sell out his own values to fulfill other's tasks. Taskmaster does what he wants! I work for me and no one else, and I sell out to no one unless I want to!

Furthermore, if there was no FAO, that would take out a prime location to buy the excellent MARVEL products located in the basement level of the store. Amazing Marvel products such as the Diamond Select line of Marvel Select, exquisitely crafted semi-articulated figurines giving perfect representations of well-known marvel scenes and characters, such as Elektra, Black widow, Spider-Man, Wolverine!

Let's not forget the perfectly sculpted busts and statues of Bowen Design, bringing to life characters such as Mystique, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Deadpool, Vision! All ranging from $40 to $130, with a 20% off sale on labor day weekend! Oh the savings!


"So sexy, it hurts!"
With a library of over 5,000 proprietary characters, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies. MARVEL's operations are focused in four areas: entertainment (Marvel Studios), licensing, publishing and toys (Toy Biz). Marvel facilitates the creation of entertainment projects, including feature films, DVD/home video, video games and television based on its characters and also licenses its characters for use in a wide range of consumer products and services including apparel, toys, collectibles, snack foods and promotions. MARVEL's characters and plot lines are created by its publishing division which continues to expand its leadership position in the U.S. and worldwide while also serving as an invaluable source of intellectual property.

That's right, Taskmaster tm won't sell out to no-one, and that means I will never destroy any building that sells the fine goods from MARVEL.

Poor C-Boshizzle, when I turned around, he was riding on a giant toy horse with one of those long armed monkeys around his neck. "Wheeee!!!!" Poor guy, I let him have his fun, and went back home to call it an early night.

TASK UNFULFILLED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters