Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Other lines of work....

One of the great things about my abilities is that no matter what I do they will always be incredibly useful. Unlike some folks out there, they can only use their abilities for fighting, or protection of some sort, everything is usually defense or offense oriented. Occasionally, someone will have an ability that can help them travel or cut lines, like Quicksilver or Nightcrawler.

Take for instance Bullseye, "Mr. Infallible aim," I find his ability useful, turning anything into a weapon, but at the same time it is incredibly one dimensional. Outside of the cloak and dagger stuff, what, I can win a game of darts? I can turn off the light switch from my bed with a peanut?

My abilities, even if I didn't do criminal or battle related jobs, I would still be successful. Gourmet cook? no problem. Magician? Tricks are something that whores do for money, but I can do illusions. Athlete? no problem, I can beat anyone at any sport and win any gold medal in the olympics.

Speaking of athletes, one of the side sources I have for my income is making false autographs and selling them on e-bay. For example, at least 20% of the Kobe Bryant signed jerseys out there are done by me. A sports dealer I met asks me to sign a few things for me, I get a healthy cut, he gets the merchandise "authenticated", and I get some tax-free income. All I have to do is watch Kobe or Barry Bonds put their John Hanock on something.

Another mission I did a few years ago was to steal a $2,000,000 violin. To do that I had to go undercover as a concert pianist, and to tell you the truth, it was nice to be in music for a while.

The weirdest mission I ever did was when I had to infiltrate a circus troupe that was hypnotizing the audience and robbing them. However, I was so good at it that the ringmaster figured he could probably make more money if he just overcharged the patrons and actually put on a reasonable show. This led to the creation of Cirque du Soleil.

All in all, I think my line of work allows me to venture into new opportunities, I don't think that with someone with my talents, I could ever be happy doing one career that focused on one thing, and one thing only.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

Cirque du Soleil is full of Ex Supervillans? I'm not surprised.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters